Geo IA Topic

ibkid123

Hello everyone,

My Geo IA topic is : To what extent do the elderly facilities in X support its aging population?

I am stumped on how to start and where to actually look for both my secondary and primary data. Can anyone please give me ideas and guide me in the right direction?

-Thank you! :)

You can go directly to an hospital and ask them for their records or data (do so for other hospitals in your area). You could try as well asking or interviewing someone in order to check if their demands are being met or if the services are satisfactory. On the other hand, you could try checking the UN's reports (you can find them rather easily on the internet) and making some "general" remarks and then go in a more specific way checking a hospital around your area.

• Like 2

You could also look into nursing homes (avaliability, quality, cost, etc.), accessibility of different infrustructure (i.e. can wheenchairs and walking frames use public transport, are their many ramps, lifts, etc.), what services are provided to them (will people come and give them food, can they have a nurse visit once a week, can they get a companion), is their financial support (pensions, seniors discounts, cheap public transport.)

An emphisis of the IA is on primary research so going and collecting this from places is the best way to go out. You could go and look at census or govt. records, surveys (which seem to be popular for human geo. IAs.), information from hospitals (as suggested by rigel)