Where Would Be the Best Places to Apply for Me?

idrajit

Hello.

I am having some trouble knowing exactly where I should apply given my grades, etc. And don't want to apply to like 20+ colleges hoping for somebody to accept me.

First of all, I am in IB with

IB Math HL

IB Physics HL

IB Chemistry HL

IB Economics HL

IB English SL Lang and Lit

IB Spanish SL Lang & Lit

my GPA weighted is usually around a 4.6. straight A's and B's (more B's than A's, Usually 3-4 A's the rest B's)

and In my SAT I got 1990.

Not sure if culture has a lot to do, but I was born in the UAE and have background from Panama/Holland (family/lived in)

I want to apply for computer engineering.

I already applied to Georgia Tech, but I am not sure if I should aim for colleges at around the same level than that or better. I am definitely applying to Virginia Tech, Illinois and Michigan. My Question here is: Should I aim bigger or same or lower than that?

With bigger I mean like Carnegie Mellon, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, or any of the other big ones. (Would I stand a chance?)

Also, where could you suggest Universities I should apply with these scores? I just don't want to go to a University knowing I could have done better.

Thanks a lot for any answers :D.

Edited by idrajit