English Oral Presentation Grades

Hey Guys,

So I'm half way through my first year of the IB and we've just recieved the marks for out English oral presentations, and i got a high band 5. The marks havent been moderated yet but the teachers are usually pretty spot on.

I just wanted to know how this scales up to the rest of you guys.

I was really hopeing for at least a band six, and thought that i had done really well, but we havent been given very detailed feed back and im a bit confussed. Im sort of hoping that by the end of the IB my mark will average out to a band 6 once i've done the exams as well ans the oral commentary. Does this sound too hopeful?

Also, when abouts in the course did everyone else have to do their presentations. We had to do ours at the beggining of second term... so thats only about 14 weeks into the course..... is that really early?? I didnt feel that we had learnt enough to do them propoerly.

Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks a million

-soph x

• 1 month later...

A 5 isn't bad for your IOP.

And I also did my IOP in grade 11, but I actually did it in the first semester, so even earlier than you did.

Remember that your IOP mark will be combined with your IOC mark. And the IOC is way more important because you don't get to prepare as much for an unseen passage. So if you do well on your IOC, you can definitely bump it up to a 6.

• 1 month later...

So, in grade 10/11, we are required to do an oral presentation. Every English class does it, IB or normal. In grade 11, we only looked @ the school's free choice texts. My teacher never specifically told us, this is your oral component of your IB mark. However, I doubt we are going to look at those works again. I totally bombed it. I was wondering if he could use it as part of our IB mark or would he have to evaluate us differently (although I bombed, I passed, which would not have been had he been marking the 'IB' way)?

We have to do 3 different IOPs... and they have to be about the option "languange and culture" (I'm taking english A2 btw)

But I already scored good on my first one so my teacher said that I didn't have to do more in language and culture.. BUT I need to do two in literature or whatever.. but these won't count at all! Anyone else doing the same thing?

we did our IOP in the first term of 1st year IB...i got 27/30 and that was a level 7 (im doing SL A1)

my IOC is coming in four weeks (AHHHHHH)

but i believe each of the IOP and IOC are worth 15% each as the final grade

Edited by rubii