GCSE for Oxford?

Guest Unchenti

Guest Unchenti

Well,, I have studied in the french private school in Paris until grade 10 and started IB diploma this year.

I found that Oxford requires GCSE score which I don't have.

Is this an important thing to make an interview?

oh,, and what do IB students usually give instead of GCSE?

Thank you

Edited by JESUS

Guest Unchenti

I didn't give anything instead of GCSEs, and I haven't taken GCSEs, as I'm from Poland, Oxford didn't have a problem with that at all. :) You're fine. If you've taken some sort of national exams before the IB, you can give scores, though.

Thank you so much for your kind reply,

Oh..I have some other questions too.

. Do I have to send school report to Oxford? my friend said that Oxford doesn't see any school reports or references.

He told me that IB students only need to send PS, predicted scores and pre- interview.

Is that true?

Many thanks

Edited by JESUS

I didn't give anything instead of GCSEs, and I haven't taken GCSEs, as I'm from Poland, Oxford didn't have a problem with that at all. :) You're fine. If you've taken some sort of national exams before the IB, you can give scores, though.

. Do I have to send school report to Oxford? my friend said that Oxford doesn't see any school reports or references.

He told me that IB students only need to send PS, predicted scores and pre- interview.

Is that true?

Many thanks

When you apply to the UK, you apply through UCAS, not directly to the universities. UK doesn't care about school reports as they are not a reliable thing, really. You have to submit your predicted grades, grades from previous board exams (if you've taken any), reference and a PS. Possibly also take some extra test a given degree course requires. If Oxford likes all this, they will invite you for an interview.

• Like 1

Guest Unchenti

Is that true?

Many thanks

When you apply to the UK, you apply through UCAS, not directly to the universities. UK doesn't care about school reports as they are not a reliable thing, really. You have to submit your predicted grades, grades from previous board exams (if you've taken any), reference and a PS. Possibly also take some extra test a given degree course requires. If Oxford likes all this, they will invite you for an interview.

I've just read your reply because of assessments ;(

Could you tell me what ' board exams ' are?

you mean mock exam, right?

and if that is right, what grades do I have to get on mock exam to apply Oxford?

Is it important as predicted grades are?

Sorry for keep asking questions ,,,

Many thanks.

Edited by JESUS

Is that true?

Many thanks

and if that is right, what grades do I have to get on mock exam to apply Oxford?

Many thanks.

Board exams would be something like the IB, just in a lower-level school. Something like GCSEs. :)

Guest Unchenti

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

Board exams would be something like the IB, just in a lower-level school. Something like GCSEs. :)

Then I don't need to send Mock exam results?

I remember that my homeroom teacher said we need to send exam reports when we make UCAS application.

Edited by JESUS

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

I remember that my homeroom teacher said we need to send exam reports when we make UCAS application.

No, just predicted grades, there's not space for your reports or mocks or whatever on UCAS

Guest Unchenti

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

No, just predicted grades, there's not space for your reports or mocks or whatever on UCAS

Hi, thanks for your reply.

However, oxford mentioned that existing achievement (as revealed in official examinations, predicted examination results, and school reports) are needed in its website.

Do I have to give them school reports?

I thought they don't see any school reports since you said that there is no space for it.

Always thank you :)y

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

However, oxford mentioned that existing achievement (as revealed in official examinations, predicted examination results, and school reports) are needed in its website.

I thought they don't see any school reports since you said that there is no space for it.

There really is no space on UCAS for school reports. Could you link me to the part of the Oxford website where you found this quote? I did not submit any school reports, nor do I know anyone who did.

Guest Unchenti

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

There really is no space on UCAS for school reports. Could you link me to the part of the Oxford website where you found this quote? I did not submit any school reports, nor do I know anyone who did.

Sorry for asking useless question like this,,,

For example, one of the most famous courses in Oxford, PPE says this in its criteria .

here is link for you,

http://www.ppe.ox.ac.uk/index.php/admissions-criteria

and not only this course but also some other courses mention it on its websites.

I don't know about it very well, so it will be grate to tell me about it

Always thanks for your help.\

Edited by JESUS

Is that true?

Many thanks

Many thanks.

Sorry for asking useless question like this,,,

For example, one of the most famous courses in Oxford, PPE says this in its criteria .

here is link for you,

http://www.ppe.ox.ac.uk/index.php/admissions-criteria

and not only this course but also some other courses mention it on its websites.

I don't know about it very well, so it will be grate to tell me about it

Always thanks for your help.\

That's weird, but I can ask a friend who does PPE if he ever had to submit school reports. :)