Interesting IA Ideas

Nmeier21

So for our class (taught at HL level, don't decide till next year) we will be doing our internal assessments in January, when we come back from winter break. Before that, however, we have to find a couple interesting historical debates. We are allowed to use any time period (so ancient to 2002) and I want to find something interesting to do. I love history, but its hard finding something that's unique. I don't wanna do anything we are learning Post-Napoleon or American History. I know a decent bit about British and Chinese history, but I can't think of any historical debates from those times. If you guys are aware of anything that I could look into, that'd be awesome. Thanks :D

The best History IAs i.e. the most unique ones (in my opinion) are usually based on a student's local history. If you dig enough and do a lot of background reading you will find some disputed aspect of history/debate. Since you're from the USA, maybe look into your individual State's history, perhaps something to do with some of the policies of one of its governors that had a significant impact that people disagreed with at the time and its lasting effects? Just a thought.