Help with my research and null hypothesis!

eel7x6

My investigation was an experiment in which all participants had to learn a main list of words and recall it. Half of the participants would learn another list of words (interfering list) before the main list while the remaining half would learn it after the main list. The aim of this experiment is to investigate which of the retroactive or proactive interference would have a greater impact on forgetting.

and my research question is - Which one of the two memory interference, retroactive and proactive, has a greater effect on forgetting?

However, in my intro part, I wrote 2 researches in retroactive interference and 1 research in proactive, but did not indicate which one is superior.

So i dont know how to write my hypothesis...thatz what i wrote:

Research Hypothesis (H1): It is expected that the number of words recalled accurately with any one type of interferences would be less than that recalled without interference.

Null Hypothesis (Ho): It is expected there would be no significant relationship between the number of words recalled accurately and the presence of any type of interferences. Any relationship observed will be due to the operation of chance factors.

But they seemed irrelevant to the research question...PLEASE HELP!!!

OR should I change my research question to sth like 'does memory interference influence our ability to recall information accurately?'

VERY CONFUSED....

• 1 month later...