Historical Investigation topic

maiask97

What do you guys think of the topic:

Why did women support Grand Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini in the Iranian Revolution of 1978-1979?

I have played with the wording quite a bit, but this is really the question I want to focus of and I think the wording is finally what I want it to be. Is there any way you would change this? Do you think my topic is too broad/narrow? Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

As long as you use your word count efficiently, you shouldn't have a problem with your research question the way it sits. My history IA question was actually in the form of a why question just like yours (different topic though :P) and it still scored extremely well. I'm assuming in your summary of evidence section you will list all of the reasons or evidence as to why they supported Khomeini, and then in the analysis section you will evaluate them and see which was the most important reason or the most compelling one. Provided you do solid analysis on your evidence, you will be fine.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Im doing a very similar EE - about how significant the Shah's own failings were in the 1979 revolution, and am comparing him to Khomeini. Any good resources that you all used that you could tell me about because I am a bit short on primary resources at the moment. 

Im doing a very similar EE - about how significant the Shah's own failings were in the 1979 revolution, and am comparing him to Khomeini. Any good resources that you all used that you could tell me about because I am a bit short on primary resources at the moment. 

Just as an aside, I found most of my primary sources for any essay, by looking to the footnotes/bibliography of my secondary sources - they tended to point me in the right direction.