Does it count or not?

Rebix520

Hi there! :) My question is: Does photo restoring count for creativity hours? For example, it is one of my work. It's just beggining, but I will get better and better for sure! :Dhttp://i.imgur.com/KHy26qL.gif

Might come under creativity, but what is your aim and purpose to do this project?

Edited by Black Bird Lockheed

My aim is to develope my patience, which is one of the requirements to become good at this. Also it is opportunity to improve my computer graphic skills. Beside that, I thought about about restoring old photos of people in my local environment, but it is my further goal. (Does it still count for creativity? It sounds like service, but I would like to count it as creativity process) Now I'm learning and improving my self.

Hey there!

You really need to ask your CAS coordinator. Each school has different policies on what counts and doesn't count for CAS, and there's no way for us to know what your school thinks about photograph restorations. Depending on your aims and purpose, you can argue for it to count for either creativity of service, but, again, it really depends on your CAS coordinator.

A note for improvement: After you've removed most of the lines, there are very visible distortions, which doesn't look very good. You might want to reduce the hardness and size of the brush you're using, and, if you're using Photoshop, you might also want to try the healing brush.

Good luck!

• Like 1

My aim is to develope my patience, which is one of the requirements to become good at this. Also it is opportunity to improve my computer graphic skills. Beside that, I thought about about restoring old photos of people in my local environment, but it is my further goal. (Does it still count for creativity? It sounds like service, but I would like to count it as creativity process) Now I'm learning and improving my self.

Service, might be. Well yeah, your aim is good and if you can sell these modified photos to support the poor, then it might be service. Improving or learning a new skill will come under action.