Help Appreciated

joeyoyoyo

Hey guys!

I'm a new person to this site, and I've recently stumbled across this site when I was searching for some information about the pre-exam. I'm applying at a highschool called Father Michael McGiveny in Markham, Ontario. My entrance exam is in one week; therefore, I'm very nervous. According to my friend's brother, the entrance exam there is very easy because that school lacks many IB students. I've asked about the test format; there was multiple choice and short answers. In other words, pretty basic testing. Even with this information; however, I feel very insecure about the test. The focus on the entrance exam for the Pre-IB at Father Michael McGiveny is on English and mathematics. I'm pretty sure there would be no essay to write. I would appericate some information about the Pre-Ib Entrance Exam, and what to study for. Thanks Guys!

Since I do not go to this school I can only offer you limited advice. While they didn't do this for my grade (we had to write essays), they now have upcoming students take an exam that is similar to the ACT, and if the students make above a certain mark, then they are able to be admitted to the program. I imagine that the entrance test would not be that different from the ACT, except that it would be made for those who have completed middle school. Basic english and sentences structures are probably on it, and I would imagine that nothing more than Algebra I would be tested. Writing is simple. Just write what you know in an organized fashion.