Accounting and finance or Accounting and Economics

fufufuufufufufuuu

I would really love to do accounting n economics. thing is, some top unis dont offer accounting n economics

so is it possible if i applied to 2 accounting n finace, the other accounting n economics

?

how should i alter my PS? Thanks

and what if our predicted grade doesnt match the requirement by 1 or 2 points?

thanks

I would really love to do accounting n economics. thing is, some top unis dont offer accounting n economics

so is it possible if i applied to 2 accounting n finace, the other accounting n economics

?

how should i alter my PS? Thanks

and what if our predicted grade doesnt match the requirement by 1 or 2 points?

thanks

It's a not a good idea to have a PS cater to two completely different courses. From what I've been told, Accounting & Finance and Economics do have a lot of differences when it comes to studying them as degrees, this is especially true depending on whether the Economics degree in question is a BA or BSc degree. If you can get into a good university for Economics, you can easily have a career in accounting if you so wish, it's not hard to make the switch. Conversely, Economics would also open up a lot of other finance-related career opportunities that you probably haven't even thought about yet.

The other consideration is that Economics degrees tend to have higher and stricter requirements than A+F degrees, so if grades are an issue for you, I suggest applying everywhere for A+F.

You generally are allowed to do at least 1 or 2 outside options during your degree, you can use your outside options to study Economics courses if you want.

If you are 1 or 2 points off of minimum requirements for a uni's course, especially if it's at a highly ranked university and for popular, oversubscribed courses (like Economics), then you shouldn't apply there. The minimum requirement doesn't mean "apply if you're close". It says 'minimum' for a reason. if you don't meet it, you will be automatically rejected. The only way you can get around that is if you have extenuating circumstances.

Arrowhead.