to what uni. in us and europe for international relations should i apply?

anuskina

im from spain, taking the ib diploma in switzerland in an american school. my problem is that, im not sure what i wanna study and im completely lost in what universities is concern.
im thinking in studing international relations, economics, politics, law stuff like that.
i first thought in lse but.... i wont get in
after that im completely lost. if i go to the states i have to take sat and toefl right?
how can i know which ones are the best universities in europe and usa in international relations and related??

i know its kinda broad question but i really need information...

hi!
I dont really know much about the US but if your interesten in the UK you should go into [url="http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/search.hjx;start=search.HsKeywordSearch.run?y=2009"]http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/sea...arch.run?y=2009[/url] and look for international relations or economics or the subjects your interested in and it will show you a list of univesities that offer those courses. You can go into the diferent universities web sites and read the information on the subjects you are interested in.. In the UK there are various uni. that allow you to do joing degrees, and usually international relations are joined with politics and in some places you might be able to take courses in economy. Its just a question of looking around..

Hey! If you're not 100% sure which course you want to take, but want a good uni, I'd recommened a Scottish uni such as St. Andrews or Edinburgh. The quality of the courses there are amazing (especially St. Andrews) and you get to do a wider variety of courses there in your first year or 2 years, refining to your bachelor's degree later on, allowing for more flexibility which you won't get elsewhere in Europe.

• 2 months later...

I would advise looking at www.ucas.com

If you want to apply to anywhere in the UK it has to go through them. They have course searches that bring up ALL the unis with courses for Intl. Relations. And they have entry profiles too, which tell you what grades the uni wants. Be prepared for high ones. I'm applying for Intl. Relations and French. The requirements range from 28-38 points, and these are some of the top unis in the UK.

If you are a Spanish citizen, you should definitely consider applying for Scotland because EU citizens pay no fees there. It's not the same system as in England.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also thinking about doing IR! I've heard excellent things about the IR departments at Edinburgh, St. Andrew, Aberystwyth (hope I spelled that right), and Manchester. In terms of admissions, don't get discouraged! If you really want to attend LSE, but aren't sure about your marks, apply anyway! You never know. The schools I mentioned are all a little bit easier to get into than LSE, with the exception of St. Andrews which is on par with LSE.

As for the US, check out the unofficial 'big three' in terms of IR: Georgetown (SFS is arguably the best in the world), Tufts, and Princeton. Also excellent are Yale, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern (Intl. Studies), George Washington, Stanford, and Columbia. If you want some backup schools I'd recommend Boston University, UC-San Diego, American University, and Seton Hall.

Hope this helps!

And yes, you have to take both the SAT and the TOEFL if English is not your native language.