EE question

chileanbob

Guest Lily Bean

Look here [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=841#Extended%20essays"]http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?...tended%20essays[/url]

[quote name='chileanbob' post='18908' date='Jun 27 2008, 04:05 PM']I've got another question

How do the different criteria work together to make your EE grade?
I heard there were subject specific criteria and general ones. How do they add together to make the overall EE grade?[/quote]

What we learned today was that you get a certain score in each criteria, and they are then added up for the grade level.

A..Research Question [2]
B..Introduction [2]
C..Investigation [4]
D..Knowledge and Understanding of the topic studied [4]
E..Reasoned Argument [4]
F.. Application of analytical and evaluative skills appropriate to the subject [4]
G..Use of language appropriate to the subject [4]
H.. Conclusion [2]
I..Formal Presentation [4]
J..Abstract [2]
K..Holistic Judgement [4]

For a grand total of 36 marks

I've got another question...
for historical EEs the guide keeps on stating to show analytical and evaluative skills...would that be like doing the DBQ with value origin purpose and limitations? or would that be more like the historical investigation when you apply V O P and L to two sources? Which way is more correct?

I plan to do a DBQ-ish thing before my conclusion, does that sound okay?

The abbreviations were for Value Limitations Origin and Purpose [I spelled them out of order]. I asked my mentor and they said that I could do it like the DBQ [paper 1], or the Evaluations of sources [from the Historical Investigation I/A]. I wanted to know which way is better for showing analytical skills? If there are other ways, I'd like to know them also.