Extended Essay: How to come up with a topic?

IB .

Hello guys,

I am kind of struggling as to how to come up with a topic for my extended essay, which will be on mathematics (BTW, I am not asking anyone to come up with one for me!) I want to know how I can get inspired to choose a topic that'll interest me (Any websites, books, resources?). Also, if I were to come up with a topic that requires me to have an understanding of a certain branch/unit of mathematics (such as probability, statistics, advanced calculus), I would have to learn and research about that before I can come up with a topic within that branch/unit right?

Thanks

Attached resources/websites would be greatly appreciated!

make sure you read the syllabus before you follow through with your research question/ ee topic.

make sure you're thoroughly intrested in the topic or else 4000 words will be a major drag and get very tiredsome

pick something that inerests you. perhaps a theory or certain concept that you want to understand its origin or how it came to be

i'd strongly advise you to read the ee guide as provided by IBO:

http://www.etela-tapiola.fi/uploads/EXTENDED%20ESSAY.pdf

read the syllabus and make sure that your topic falls within its guidelines. you have to follow proper format or else you'll score poorly

• Like 1