questions about cas

faisal

so i just started the IB diploma and i have a plan for my cas i'm just wondering if it's legit

for creativity im going to join the MUN and when i'm done i'll do something else (any suggestions)

for service i'm going to volunteer at a hospital for 11 hours a day during my winter break (is it allowed to do all my service hours on one activity)

for action i'm going to sign up for a gym i never did bodybuilding before so does it also count as creativity (is body building allowed in the IB as action)

my extended essay topic is gonna have something to do with movies i just don't know what ( i don't take filming as a subject so is it allowed to even do so) so can anyone give me suggestions

Every school has different rules on how they moderate CAS hours.

At my school, for example, you could not take more than 15 hours from one activity, even if you spent like 100 hours on it, not more than 15 a year.

For Creativity, being in anything that requires you take a organisational/executive role would count for hours.

For Action, just going to the gym was not allowed to count for hours. You had to be part of a group activity that involved some kind of action. So if you and a bunch of your friends decided to make a gym crew and went everyday, you could get hours for that.

But bear in mind that these were the specific rules enforced for CAS at my school. Your school may be completely different and use completely different rules. This is a question you should be asking your IB Coordinator as only he/she can tell you what the proper rules for your CAS are.

As far as your Extended Essay is concerned, students are generally discouraged to pursue EEs in subjects that they are not studying in the IB. This is because since you're not studying it, you will not have much idea of the skills (learner's profile) for that subject. It is strongly encouraged that you pick a topic in a subject that you're currently studying as one of your HLs or SLs.

• Like 1