Visual Arts Theme. Greek Mithology

KrisFitzharding

My visual arts theme is Greek Mithology, but i really dont know what qualifies as part of this theme... i really want to use this theme, but i dont know how to relate it with other thing, i dont know with what i can relate it.

i want some ideas of what can i show with this theme, of what message could i transmit.. or anything

Greek mythology is a nice theme to use for visual arts. There are a lot of ancient Greek art pieces, for example, the art found on walls, sculptures, or even pottery. Most of the pottery especially shows important scenes of Greek mythology . You can maybe do a project in that certain style, depicting a favorite myth or something. It's a very unique style that can be interesting to imitate in your own project :)

Hope I helped!

• 3 months later...

I suggest you change your theme or make it more broad.

Limiting yourself to literature from a particular time in a particular place might be risky.

It is of course your choice and the most important thing is that you are interested.

Do not forget that you cannot simply paint Mythological scenes etc. You have to have something to bring across, some issue ou care about in every single one of your works.

Greek Mythology has had a lot of impact on our culture. you could try to explore these impacts.

Perhaps use some of the tales as a metaphor in portraying an issue which is contemporary?