macroeconomics article help

Hey! I was absent from school due to health problems when we were learning most of macroeconomics, so it's a bit of a "dark picture" for me. I was wondering if this article is suitable for IA? http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/06/news/economy/labor-force-participation/

and what could be the possible economic models I could use there? Please help me, fellow IB'ers.

Thanks in advance:)

How can you look for an article without knowing which economics models/concepts you want to analyse? You're going about this backwards.

First, you need to pick a macroeconomic concept/idea such as monopolistic competition or oligopolies, etc. Once you've narrowed down on that, you then, secondly, google recent article about that concept. That way, you get focused articles that are premised around the concepts that you want to write about.

I hope that helps!

Arrowhead.

(This method allowed me to find all 5 of my economic commentary articles within 10 minutes flat.)

How can you look for an article without knowing which economics models/concepts you want to analyse? You're going about this backwards.

First, you need to pick a macroeconomic concept/idea such as monopolistic competition or oligopolies, etc. Once you've narrowed down on that, you then, secondly, google recent article about that concept. That way, you get focused articles that are premised around the concepts that you want to write about.

I hope that helps!

Arrowhead.

(This method allowed me to find all 5 of my economic commentary articles within 10 minutes flat.)

Out of curiosity, and apologies to the OP for going off topic, what sort of models do you cover in HL IB economics?