WT1 choice - who's is it?

abcdef

So, I personally think I have the worst English teacher in the world. Our class "doesn't have time" to do four WT1's, we weren't given a syllabus, we have no idea what themes we are doing and it appears to take the teacher (not the class) a week to go over things most teachers would cover in a day. Most of the class spends the lessons with nothing to do, because there is not nearly enough work set. In any case, enough ranting:

We have been "set" a WT1, where the teacher has given us a very specific topic and subject (Hamlet's wedding speech to Ophelia). From what I understood from the OSC course guide (the only material I have been able to find) the subject and topic of the WT1 is meant to be the choice of the student, not the teacher. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone know where I can find the syllabus online (not the subject outline)?

Edited by abcdef

Hmmm... "Syllabus" is the ( practical ) expression of the curriculum, and therefore it is the teacher's business to translate the theory in practice and each teacher has made their own syllabus. So it won't be online. Unless you mean something else by "syllabus"?

The curriculum guide, by the way, WILL inform you in detail of the requirements of the Language A Programme (not your course). You'll see that the WT is done "in consultation with the teacher". So yes, students are responsible for finding their own topics, which is part of the exercise. They just need the teacher to approve it.

The Curriculum guide is very easy to find online, but here it is anyway. Hope this was useful and answered your question.

http://blogs.yis.ac.jp/kashimam/files/2012/09/d_1_a1lan_gui_1102_1b_e-v299ow.pdf

Edited by Blackcurrant