Anyone get a 7 in SL Bio? Any tips?

Max Herems

Hi everyone,

I'm in year 2 of IB, and university application time is rolling around, so I'm really starting to freak out about my marks. I totally screwed myself over last year and missed the 7 that I had in the bag for math, which is really disappointing... but there nothing I can do about that anymore. My goal is to get 43/45. In order to do this, I need to get a 7 in bio. Unfortunately, I've found that SL bio has always been a difficult subject for me. I'd like to hear some advice, studying methods, etc. that you guys use for bio; specifically from those of you that got a 7.

At the state I'm in now, getting a 7 is pretty out of reach, but it's got to be possible (though I rarely hear people talking about getting 7s in bio though...you people exist, right?)!

Any tips you IB Bio Jedis have to offer this young Padawan?

Edited by Max Herems

SL Biology is usually considered relatively easy to get a 7 in, to my knowledge. Basically you should just print off a copy of the Biology syllabus and make sure you've covered everything. Test yourself until you know all of the definitions/answers and you're 90% of the way there already. After that it's just getting the knack of the data interpretation, which is essentially just about whether you can describe a graph and identify things from the syllabus in the context of the data (because it WILL refer back to the syllabus). Then there's your other 10%. Boom. 7 in SL Biology :P Really, it's just about printing off the syllabus and memorising stuff. It's a bit of a boring slog, but once you've done it, there are no trick questions.

• 1 month later...

I have gotten 7's in Bio since i started Ib, and it is one of the easiest sciences to get a 7 in, especially in SL.

What i do is i print out the IB syllabus and Study the Syllabus from book/websites/and past papers.

Print past papers and study the mark-scheme as you must know HOW to answer the question.

And always remember to understand before you memories, otherwise you would forget it easily.