Factors that affect pond water?

Flomer

Hello all!

I just had my first biology class and the teacher said that we are starting the year with a lab report. She gave us the general title which is: "Factors that affect pond water" and we are starting the design part in a week or so. Could someone mention some broad ideas about a factor I could use?

Regards,

Flomer :D

Factors that affect pond water...? Well there's a lot of research you can do about it. You could talk about turbidity, water pH, flow, conductivity, how oxygenated it is, plant coverage of the pond water, idk! There are so many things you could investigate in biological terms...

As you might now, most IA reports need to be a factor affecting another factor. So guide yourself off the factors of water and try to find out what can generate them. It's pretty simple!

Your teacher must be pretty cruel! That's extremely broad, but then again, design labs tend to be a bit broad. Are you conducting the experiment in an actual pond or something in the likes of an artificial pond (Bath tub, bowl)? How can the class even manipulate the variables in a real pond?!? (I'm not quite sure what the teacher has in mind)

Think carefully about the variables that you'll be testing and be sure that you can control at least some of the factors in your experiment.