Three Science IBs, is it possible?

NoNo_XD

I have just finished my sophomore year. I'm enroll long into IB Diploma. My question is the following: are you able to take three science IBs? My school says its ok and I've chosen three sciences already: (Biology, Physics and Chemistry). But is it REALLY ok? I mean is it within the IB regulations? I've looked all over the Internet for an answer; but there's A LOT of controversy on the subject. Please help me :(

It does happen, but it's usually for people who need three sciences for university. I guess since your school says it's okay then it is.

I wanted to do the same but it didn't work with our school schedule :/

• Like 1

I need them because I want to be a forensic detective in the FBI. ( I know I'm ambitious) I need all three sciences to be in forensics. You're taking Arabic SL too? Is it hard? I'm good at Arabic but not great.

Edited by NoNo_XD

I know a friend who is taking all three sciences. He said that to study medicine at Indian universities you are required to do all three sciences. My school made a special exception just for him.

I need them because I want to be a forensic detective in the FBI. ( I know I'm ambitious) I need all three sciences to be in forensics. You're taking Arabic SL too? Is it hard? I'm good at Arabic but not great.

It's pretty easy. It's one of those subjects than people barely study for. I also wasn't great at it when I chose my IB subjects and wished I could've taken another language, but it's very easy, especially at SL.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy. It's one of those subjects than people barely study for. I also wasn't great at it when I chose my IB subjects and wished I could've taken another language, but it's very easy, especially at SL.

Thanks! I was really worried about that, but now I'm relieved :)

Guest Positron

You'll either have to take one as a seventh subject or have your IB coordinator apply for an irregular diploma for you. For that you'll need to claim you wish to enroll in a university course that requires you to have studied all three sciences (for example medicine in Karolinska Institute).