Choosing an IB elective.

overduex

I am in the pre-IB program right now and will be in the first year of the IB programme next year, we have to decide our classes, and I was wondering if anyone who has already taken these classes or is taking them could help me by giving me info, etc.
I'm planning on taking:
mathematics SL
french SL
english HL
history HL
biology HL

I'm indecisive about my elective; I either want to take ITGS SL or Chemistry SL.
I've heard taking 2 IB sciences is difficult and time consuming. but i like science...
but I've also heard that the ITGS course has an easy IB test.
can anyone give me insight on either of these classes, please?

Thanks!

IB Chemistry SL is not too difficult or time-consuming, especially if you're decent at memorisation (which you seem to be, with your choice of History and Biology both at HL). Also, if your Chem teacher does the Biochemistry/Medicine & Drugs options, those overlap a fair bit with Biology (which you are taking) as well, which would further lighten your workload. If you like Chemistry, take it. A year is a long time to suffer in a class you aren't too interested in (ITGS).

Edited by Agneisse

i agree with everyone.
i took both chemistry sl and bio hl this year and my teacher happened to pic medicine and drugs and biochemistry for my two options, which overlap completely with biology.
and since my bio teacher is a better teacher than my chem teacher, i just went to my bio teacher for help on my two options, and the paper 3 on the test was very easy.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hellogoodbye' post='17626' date='Jun 1 2008, 07:49 PM']i agree with everyone.
i took both chemistry sl and bio hl this year and my teacher happened to pic medicine and drugs and biochemistry for my two options, which overlap completely with biology.
and since my bio teacher is a better teacher than my chem teacher, i just went to my bio teacher for help on my two options, and the paper 3 on the test was very easy.[/quote]

I was just looking through the MEdicine and Drugs options - it seems quite interesting and there really is a fair bit of overlap with Bio.