IA Business & Management HELP

My sisters own a company and they specialized in pastry for catering events and also they have a pastry shop located in a shopping mall. The factory changed to a farest place but is cheaper and bigger than the last one... My IA question is: Now that Company XYZ changed the factory location, how would be affected their financial capital?

(Given that the company only has 2 years and they have to invest in adequating the new factory)

It is okay??

I was thinking in doing SWOT analysis and PBP...

Please help!! I am not so good in business so I will be glad if someone would give me any advice :)

you should think whether your question is forward-looking or not. Also, you should see whether your IA solves a real-life problem that the factory is facing.

You could think of research question with something that has to do with production. You can discuss the different types of production job, batch, and mass production. You can discuss which one will be more efficient and which one will generate more profit. You can also talk about how the different types of production affect the employees motivation.

You can use a SWOT analysis to see which type of production will better.

Try to include lots of graphs, tables, and decision making tools. Also, do not forge to do the secondary research; its very important and you might get down scored if you do not include secondary research in your IA.

If you need anything else tell me, I finished my IA and I'm predicted a 6

My sisters own a company and they specialized in pastry for catering events and also they have a pastry shop located in a shopping mall. The factory changed to a farest place but is cheaper and bigger than the last one... My IA question is: Now that Company XYZ changed the factory location, how would be affected their financial capital?

(Given that the company only has 2 years and they have to invest in adequating the new factory)

It is okay??

I was thinking in doing SWOT analysis and PBP...

Please help!! I am not so good in business so I will be glad if someone would give me any advice :)

Hey there!

Okay your question doesn't sound very business-y (if you get what I mean?) Why not change it around?

Instead of saying "Now that Company XYZ changed the factory location, how would be affected their financial capital?"

Maybe say "How would Company XYZ's financial capital be affected by the change of location" (?)

Like how adhamhussein said, you need to think of something your Sister's company is going through and try to solve that problem. If they're thinking of moving? Then great! You have a good topic. But you shouldn't forget that the company will go through other problems as well if they decide to more. Maybe you could look into that as well. Don't forget your topic shouldn't be too narrow that you won't be able to reach 1500 words and that your topic isn't too broad that you can't properly cover all the topics in your 1500 word essay.

A SWOT would be good...but also don't forget all the Financial analysis that needs to be done as well.

A survey of the different areas would be good to figure out which area would have had the more customers and consumers (as this is the main source of finance).

Good Luck!

P.S. Since you say you're not so good in business ----> If your strongest topic is Finance? By all means go for it. But if you have a topic you are much stronger in and understand better, try to look into that for your essay. (just a lil friendly advice)

• 3 weeks later...

If it helps, my research question for my IA (24/25 marks) last year was:

"How do the workplace conditions at the Chengdu plant in China affect the motivation of assembly-line workers and ultimately the brand image of Apple Inc"

This is just an example of how narrow and specific your RQ should be..

Edited by pravzcool