Chemistry SL TZ1 papers 1 and 2

vera

How did you find the exam ? Paper 1 was easy, but there were two strange questions ... The one in the definition of Avogado´s number was really weird and there was one about hydrogen bonding which was mistyped (the dipole-dipole option)

Anyways ... Paper 2 was also easy ... In part B I chose the question on energetics and equilibrum ... I think I got 620 or something like that for the first part of the question .... In part A, I couldn´t manage to calculate the molar mass of the acid. And the question about electricity applied to sodium and sodium chloride was really weird (did they asked for the chemical reaction when electricity is applied to sodium and to sodium chloride or the effect of applying electricity on the different particles ?). And the question on the economic importance of the use of garvanic cells was also really weird.

However, I felt I scored enough marks to get a 6 ... hopefully

Edited by vera

I thought paper 1 was really easy too. For paper 2 I thought it was of medium difficulty, nothing too challenging. I don't do much practice/homework for chemistry but I was still able go through paper 2. I picked question 7 for section B, the energetics one.