MAY 13 HL Economics TZ2 Grade boudaries

yii yann

So, that time has come when I'm going to be doing my last few papers, and am starting to think about grade boundaries for each subject.

What do you guys think the boundary for economics will be? If I remember correctly, Paper 1 was average/tricky, Paper 2 was pretty good, and Paper 3 was a breeze. I am guessing the boundary for a 7 will be around 78% overall.

So, that time has come when I'm going to be doing my last few papers, and am starting to think about grade boundaries for each subject.

What do you guys think the boundary for economics will be? If I remember correctly, Paper 1 was average/tricky, Paper 2 was pretty good, and Paper 3 was a breeze. I am guessing the boundary for a 7 will be around 78% overall.

Yeah 80% seems fine for me too. Though i found paper 1 was a breeze as well tbh

Well I'm going by a bunch of older grade boundaries and sorta trying to choose the one that was similar to ours in terms of difficulty.

P1 was easy if you knew the fringe stuff :/ Like Keynesian vs Neoclassical, we were always told to just assume Neoclassical, Keynesian is just for "extra info". Then BAM 15 mark question on the difference between Keynesian and Neoclassical.

Paper 1 was average/tricky, Paper 2 was pretty good, and Paper 3 was a breeze. I am guessing the boundary for a 7 will be around 78% overall.

Last year, 76% was the boundary for a 7. Since it is a new syllabus now, I am pretty sure that it is going to be lower than your prediction.

I know that SL economists found the new syllabus to be much harder than the previous one - a lot of previous HL stuff has now turned to SL.

HL: 76%, SL: 73% would be my guesses.

• 4 weeks later...

May 2012 Paper 2 is a different paper than May 2013 Paper 2. The May 2012 P2 is more of the old syllabus while the May 2013 is of the new syllabus and therefore the case-study paper (that was before Paper 3). The grade boundary in May 2012 for the case-study paper was 75% for a seven. Might be a bit lower this year as the structure of the exam itself changed.