Given the choice, would you have done A levels or IB?

yii yann

IB, as hard as it was, I did have some very memorable times in IB. There was a lot of emphasis on group work in IB (group 4 project, CAS, labs, TOK presentation and most of all, complaining about all your work together) and through this, I have made life-lasting friendships that I never would have made otherwise. IB prepared me for a lot of things as well, not just work-wise but also in life's other aspects. In IB, I learnt the importance of never trusting people with my work because even the existence of plagiarism softwares like turn-it in, do not stop people from copying your work (happened once to me). Now in college, I never ever send people my work because I have learnt my lesson. I don't believe I would have learnt this in a curriculum where everything came down to exams. Also, CAS made me do much more extracurriculars than I would have done otherwise and it felt amazing to climb Kilimanjaro and to work with cancer kids. Not sure I would have done any of that without CAS and now that I have done it, I want to engage in service projects and do more thrilling things like maybe give Everest a go.