Exam time cut shorter by 30 minutes

Ksumsar

Hello!

The standard time allocated for ITGS SL Paper 1 is 1h 45m. However due to a mistake in the school exam management, we were allocated 1h and 15min, thus the time was cut shorter by a whole of 30 minutes. These 30 minutes would have been very valuable to me - I barely managed to sloppily answer all the required questions.

Of course I realized of this error right after the exam. The best case scenario would have been, if I had informed the invigilator of this mistake during the exam.

Anyway, you can't change the past. But I would like to know now, what should I expect? What will be the consequences? Will I get extra marks for writing the exam in 30 minutes less than the rest of the students in the world or does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Wow that's messed up. Your best bet would be to contact your IB coordinator as crazycricketnerd suggested. Hopefully IB will adjust your mark and mark more leniently too, or you could even retake.

The invigilator in my math paper announced there was 30 minutes left when in reality there only was 10 minutes left, and she corrected herself like 2 mins before the end of the paper. We just talked to our coordinator, and he said IB will most probably mark more leniently, but not get extra marks (as we didn't actually lose time).

Well, I did tell my coordinator and she informed the IBO of it. Although she later said that I basically shouldn't expect anything for compensation for this error. This is not justice.

Nevertheless, whether or not the IBO is going to do about it, I will never know, since I will only receive my full mark for ITGS in July.