Who are some philosophers and personalities that you find interesting?

Matsu

I think we may be thinking of different books because the ebook version is only about 33 pages, if that's the correct one?

You're probably correct. I read it a long time ago and didn't find it that interesting. If you want to know more about political philosophy, I'd recommend picking up an introduction book and start from there. There's so much out there... it's wonderful ^_^

http://www.marxists.org/ this has loads of literature based around marxism if that's what floats your boat but I haven't got round to reading any of it...

Read some of the literary works that some philosophers have written. That is really interesting and enjoyable because you can see their ideas reflected in their literature. For example Jean-Paul Sartre who has written novels as well as plays. I have only read "Huis Clos" (English; "No Exit") which is a play about four people stranded in hell. It is really amusing and one can really see the ideas of Sartre reflected in the play!

You should read Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (YAH! - Norwegian author) which is counted (by some) as a general introduction to philosophy in novel format! I have recently starting reading another book called The Curious Englightenment of Professor Caritat by Steven Lukes that is really closely related to political philosophy which explores different political ideologies in novel format!

I also want to read the Communist Manifesto!