Changing from cognitive science to biochem in uni....

howerabin

I just finished my SL math paper 2 yesterday, and I have to admit, it was horrible. Everything that I didn't study showed up on that paper, and I left like 2 questions blank.

But I still want to go to university, and I still want to do science. If I apply for cognitive science at U of T or some other school, would it be a good idea to apply with the intention of switching majors as soon as possible, once I finished the appropriate courses? I'm not very knowledgeable with university, so excuse me if I made a mistake in thinking.

It's not that I don't like cognitive science, it's just that I like the harder sciences more than cs.

My friend is in a similar situation. Hek took bio and physics (taking ib bio and physics in summer school) and two humanities for ib. However, he thinks that he wants to major in a science in university, even though he never took chemistry, and therefore can't go into science for uni.