history hl paper 3 syllabus

Smile44

where can I find a syllabus for paper 3 for IB History HL- TZ1?

Every school chooses a particular option for Paper 3. Simply saying TZ1 offers us no information to help you.

Which continent's history did you focus on in class for Paper 3? My school, for example, focused on History of the Americas. Other schools focus on Asia and Oceania or Imperial Russia, etc.

There are several different areas you could focus on for Paper 3 - History of the Americas option. You can expect to see a series of 25 questions, of which you must pick and answer any three.

There are generally questions on:

1. The American Civil War - slavery/Lincoln/nature of civil warfare/causes/consequences (generally 2 questions)

2. Mid-to-late 20th century US presidents - Truman; Eisenhower; Kennedy; Johnson; Nixon; Ford; Carter; Reagan; Bush Sr. - domestic/foreign policies for all (at least 2 or 3 questions)

3. Mexican revolution (1 question)

4. Colonisation of America/American War of Independence (at least 1 or 2 questions)

5. US-Latin American relations - Taft/Roosevelt policies (generally 1 question)

I only studied the American Civil War and 20th century presidents (Truman to Reagan) for my exam and did pretty well.

The again, this was the exam pattern up until 2010 (I doubt it's changed much though). You might want to double check that these are all still applicable before you prep.

I posted some old notes for the American Civil War here.

Edited by Arrowhead