ToK Essay Format

Pasta

Hello there. Noobie to the forums here.

I've just finished putting together the final parts of my Theory of Knowledge essay, and have just realized a problem. I have no idea how to format the thing, and what information I should or should not give at the top of the paper.

I know I should of course put my last name and page number as a header, but how about the essay title? Do I need to list the number of the prompt along with the prompt itself? Along those lines, do I need to include my full name, instructor's name, and submission date at the top left hand corner of the first page?

Thank you for any aid you can give me!

Edited by Pasta

Guest Lily Bean

The idea is to give enough info to identify you if the paper comes loose but don't cluster it up. So name, candidate number would probably be enough.

• 1 month later...

On the title page:
Question number: TITLE
then underneath that, somewhere on the title page:
Name
Candidate Number
Theory of Knowledge (Course name)
Word Count
Date

As a header, I had my candidate number only, so it appeared on all the pages, and at the bottom of each page (cept the title page), I had my page number.

12 font, double-spaced was the standard for my class

• 1 month later...

As long as you have the most important things such as your IB Candidate #, teacher's name, and your name, you can tweak your format as long as it is formal. Although a good cover page can really make your essay shine, it is not as important as the essay itself. Spend another... oh let's say an hour checking your essay gogogo! ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...