bio hl may 2013 exam !

laura08

You need to remember so much for bio so focus on the more complex objectives which will be worth more marks, but still familiarise yourself with the more simple objectives.

Make sure you know all the definitions you are required to as these are easy marks! Doing past papers is also particularly good, as many exam questions require you to apply your knowledge to a new situation or context, not simply write out what you have learnt.

For extended response questions you can almost guarantee the final part will be based on a longer objective (e.g. the process of mitosis/meiosis; positive and negative effects of genetic modification, etc.) so learn these!!

Study hard, but in short periods so you don't lose focus too much. 30 minute sessions with 5 minute breaks or similar are quite effective I think.

Good luck!!

• 3 months later...

The feeling of being overwhelmed isn't the greatest. However, you mentality before a test will more likely than not be carried on into the test. If your really focused, detailed and determined with the way in which you study. Your test will be great.

Am a sure you want to do as best as you can in the exam. But anything of value needs TIME.

Gather the will power to overcome this. I recommend setting yourself a smart goal. It's smart to set yourself an ambitious goal ''I want a 6/7'' BUT it's not smart to overwhelm yourself. Make sure you're comfortable with the entire syllabus and do the past papers.