Economics IA and business magazines

Try International Herald Tribune and The Economist (my favorite, though the name is a misnomer as they cover a wide variety of topics) for in-depth articles

When I'm just skimming the news to find things I might wanna read more into, I use Newser and the Daily Beast

Edited by Matsu

Any newspaper is fine. Logically, it has to be academically credible. Don't use one from Fox News for example.

Example of good sources: BBC, The Economist, The Times, The Guardian, Reuters, Bloomberg, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, etc.

Actually, for economics, I'd avoid The Economist and business journals (at least for the article you actually use). They tend to be a bit too heavy on evaluation, which is what they want you to do yourself, not copy down. Obviously if you're stuck, you should then refer to articles on similar issues in high quality economics publications. For my portfolio, I believe I used BBC, Fox News and 3News (a New Zealand news TV channel's website). All the articles I picked were very short so that I could do the evaluation myself and would not know too much so that the description of the issues at hand were not too lengthy to describe and include evaluation, which, at least gradewise seemed a wise decision.

• Like 1

Actually, for economics, I'd avoid The Economist and business journals (at least for the article you actually use). They tend to be a bit too heavy on evaluation, which is what they want you to do yourself, not copy down. Obviously if you're stuck, you should then refer to articles on similar issues in high quality economics publications. For my portfolio, I believe I used BBC, Fox News and 3News (a New Zealand news TV channel's website). All the articles I picked were very short so that I could do the evaluation myself and would not know too much so that the description of the issues at hand were not too lengthy to describe and include evaluation, which, at least gradewise seemed a wise decision.

And is there any rule that we cannot use articles which are protected by copy rights? Because my teacher bans me from using it but she is not sure about herself.

All news articles are subject to copyright law to some extent. For example, if NYT publishes a BBC article without anyhow editing it, it is in breach of copyright. However, as far as I know, there is no ban of copyrighted material in Economics IAs. However, the source does have to be acknowledged and the text (discarding quotes, obviously) must be your own writing and not copied without proper citation. I would not really recommend copying at all though, even if you used citation, it's is unnecessary and for example, definitions from sources are often too wordy.

• Like 1