Written Task 1--opinion column

Guest Dr. Manhatten

Guest Dr. Manhatten

Hello, is there anyone here who knows if I could write an opinion column about how advertisement affects people?
This is for my first written task, I really don't know if it is a good idea.

If yes, how should the structure of the main body be? Anything concrete which I should emphasize? :D

Thanks in advance

Do not write an opinion column; it is too much like an essay and you should avoid that at all costs. Write something that is further away from an essay and have clear literary features such as a speech, news article or text advertisement.

Anything but an opinion column for Written Task 1 is good, even a play or a transcript of a radio dialogue is much better. You could make a radio program transcript in which the guests and the host(s) discuss the effects of advertisements on people.

Good luck and avoid opinion columns!

Please see my above post for ideas. Avoid opinion columns as I said; they will be scored low as they are like essays in structure, tone and content. Write something that clearly has certain literary convictions to it such as a speech (use of rhetoric devices, pausing etc).