Self-taught Language and Literature?

I just moved to Iran a few months ago. Before moving here I was in a Spanish speaking country so I had Spanish Language and Literature classes, now in my school here they only offer English and Persian Lit, so my IB Coordinator told me to take up self-taught Spanish Lit.

Doing this means RE-DOING basically everything in IB2 (the second year) so I was wondering whether I could take self-taught language and literature instead of just Literature?

(L+L is easier to me than just Lit)

I'm SL by the way.

I for various reasons had to do all my Self-taught English in IB2 and it was fine. It should be no problem if you work hard.

My school didn't offer language and litterature for self-taught but I'm not sure if its like that for all the IB ask your coordinator!

I'm not sure what the Language and Literature syllabus is like but is it possible you could at least reuse some of the same literature works? Talk to your self-taught supervisor and see what they can do for you.

If it really means starting completely over and you are uncomfortable with literature maybe you should consider joining the english lit class (if you don't mind working in English and your coordinator thinks you'll be able to catch up.) I personally have had a really hard time with self-taught simply because I am not very good with literature and therefore wish I'd had the support of class disscusions. But don't let that scare you! I still have a predicted grade of 5 and if you have already had some experience you will be perfectly fine :)