Theatre HL PPP help

Aakriti

Hi so my theatre PPP in due in a few days and my teacher has no idea how to go about it. I have read a few samples and my stimuli is DNA of human beings. It would be really nice if someone could tell me how exactly one has to go about a PPP. I'm freaking out at this moment cause I don't really know what to do.

Hi!

I am a theatre HL student, taking exams in 2013 and also chose the human DNA as my stimulus. For the PPP you basically need to create a big portfolio of a play, almost.

Break it down into 3 sections (if you are HL) and 2 (if you are SL). Section 1: The Pitch, Section 2: The Main Body, Section 3: The Rationale. You will be able to find so much information on what to do for each of these and the mark scheme if you look at PPP information in this: http://www.smhs.org/ourpages/auto/2010/1/6/49713854/IB%20Theatre%20Bible.pdf

In the main body of your PPP, be sure to include: 1. An exploration of your stimulus (what it makes you think of, mind maps, what ideas it generates, what a play about DNA could include etc.) 2. your plot 3. your characters & their relationships 4. character's costumes 5. a written scene -if you can manage that with the time you have- 6. a story board 7. the title.
It is a super long project -mine was around 60 pages in total, but it is a lot of mind maps and drawing etc.- so at least its not that tedious.

Another useful website is this one: http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/scoats/IB%20Theatre%20HL/THRIB.htm
It provides a checklist, so you know what to include, as well as the mark scheme and an example PPP that you could perhaps use as a guide, along with the mark it achieved.

Good luck and remember that this one is the really creative one where you draw loads and colour things in and stick in pictures etc.

No problem! :)

All the information for part three is also included in the 'bible' link. For that you can chose between writting a 'philosophical rationale' - in which you talk about how a particular theorist and plays inspired by that theorist, or his work have inspired yours (for example if you based your play and PPP on absurd theatre, you would may refer to Samuel Beckett and 'Waiting for Godot' along with others) you basically need to talk about how that influenced your peice-. I'm not entirely sure how to approach the other three as I did the philosophical rationale, but I would imagine that you do it similarly but just referring to socio/historical influences, traditional/cultural incluences or possible impacts and the resonances of your play.

Here is another website to help you better understand what to include in any of them: https://suchislife.wikispaces.com/file/view/What+the+Guide+says

Also, remember in the rationale, it is essay form and be sure to reference!

Good luck again :)

Edited by lily-a-b-