Aid on the IA- American Slave Trade

SKhunteta

Hello, I'm an IB student in the United States in IB History of the Americas. We're going to soon lead into the civil war in our class, but we need to do the IA first. My topic is the American Slave Trade. I have plenty of resources on it, but I'm having trouble figuring out what a focus question could be. Please help?

Hey there!

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a focal point either. That could be categorised as cheating or plagiarism, and that's against the rules of this forum and IBO's regulations. You could also lose your diploma if you are accused for either.

You need to read through your sources, and find a specific event, concept, cause or consequence that is viable for a historical investigation. A controversial event would be perfect for an IA. Keep in mind that you'll normally only have 6-800 words to actually analyse the topic, which means that your question need to be very narrow. A good IA would, for instance, discuss a secret meeting, where the participants of the meeting (or historians, for that matter) claim different things were agreed on.

I also suggest you read the pinned topics in this sub-forum. They have helped me a lot, and I'm sure they will help you as well. There is also some information about the IA in the subject guide.

Good luck!