Biology Portfolio Requirements

MariusIBDP

Hey, I need to finish up and hand in my Biology SL Portfolio but I'm still not sure what should be included in it. Our teacher wasn't able to explain it clearly to us and I couldn't find it online neither. So, could you tell me how many Labs, how many design labs and etc. should be included in Portfolio for a decent mark. Is there a minimum requirement? Is there a maximum? Basically, all you know about Biology SL portfolio requirements is welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Guest Zoya (aka: ziasha)

Well, as far as i remember, we were asked t submit 4 lab reports. Two of only design and Two complete lab reports. Our teacher told us to make the 4 as good as we could, as they were the final ones. So i think there must be at least 4, so you can pretty much take that as your minimum. This was not only the case for Bio but chem as well :D. Just follow the guidelines and criteria for the lab reports and you'll do just fine.

Hope i helped, Pm me if you need further help :)

• Like 2

You have 3 criteria - Design, Data Collection & Processing, Conclusion & Evaluation.

Probably your teacher will ask you to submit more, but all in all you need to have each criterium twice. You can get 6 points maximum for each. So maximum for your labs is 3(criteria) x 2 (each twice) x 6 (max points) = 36 p.

Then you can get 6 points for manipulative skills and 6 for G4 project. Which in all gives you 48 points and is, as far as I remember, 24% of your final result.

• Like 2