chi-square test - critical value

maereth

I'm putting it here although I'm not sure if it's not maths HL students that would be helpful.. anyway, does anyone know whether it's better to have the test result closer to the critical value or to 0? like here:

1.43<3.84

0.36<3.84

Apart from the fact that both results accept the null hypothesis (no significant difference), which one is like.. better? Which value should be interpreted as closer to the expected results?

I hope I made it clear enough, any help would be appreciated!

:blink: I do have some vague knowledge of how to interpret the results of Chi-squared tests, but your notation has got me baffled as I've never seen it written like that. What is your p value? What do you mean by your test result? What do you mean by the critical value? Those look like ranges to me so I'm a bit stumped by the vocab you're using as it's not familiar to me.

Perhaps a bit more context and information would be helpful. Maybe somebody can help you out with just the info you posted, but I know I can't! :P