Hey, I have never used this before, so I don't know if this topic has occured before. My creative written task is done, but my rationale is 55 words too long. What do I do, I just handed it in to my teacher for official grade. Will it be a fail, because my task itself is not too long... Help!

Hey, I have never used this before, so I don't know if this topic has occured before. My creative written task is done, but my rationale is 55 words too long. What do I do, I just handed it in to my teacher for official grade. Will it be a fail, because my task itself is not too long... Help!

If your rationale is over the limit, I'm afraid you might lose marks on the criteria that speak about the word limit.

Also, there is definitely a word limit to the Written Task 1 Rationale (you have to state the word count on the official IB documents), and not the HL-only Written Task 2 Outline - so I'm afraid you probably will be penalised in some way.

However, the penalisation shouldn't be a 'fail' just because you are over the word limit. You may be limited in the level you can get in certain criteria, or have some marks docked off.

e.g. If the mark scheme says "Student cannot get higher than grade boundary x if over the word limit for ??", or "remove a mark if the student if over the word limit for x".