Economics IA (Fonts)

hi guys,

is there any specific instruction of what fonts and size to be followed for IA?

Plus single spacing/ 1.5 spacing requirements?

Thanks!

I just had a talk last friday with our economics teacher about it. He said that IB doesn't specifically mention the line spacing and the font size. I would suggest 12 size with font Calibri and spacing at 1.15

Edited by shad0wboss
  • Like 1

hi guys,

is there any specific instruction of what fonts and size to be followed for IA?

Plus single spacing/ 1.5 spacing requirements?

Thanks!

I just had a talk last friday with our economics teacher about it. He said that IB doesn't specifically mention the line spacing and the font size. I would suggest 12 size with font Calibri and spacing at 1.15

My teacher recommends Times New Roman size 12 and 1.15 line spacing for the final draft. First drafts 1.5 line spacing (easier to mark).

Thanks fyi!

Btw, does equation such as this:

MSC = Private Costs + External Costs (Spillover costs to third parties)

counted in word count???

I think that you should be writing that out as a sentence instead of using an equation. Looks better and is more convincing if you ask me.

Also take a look in the IB Economics guide at page 92 and you'll find everything that is counted in the word count and everything that isn't.

The following are not included in the word count.

• Acknowledgments • Contents page • Diagrams • Labels—of five words or fewer • Headings on diagrams—of 10 words or fewer • Tables of statistical data

• Equations, formulae and calculations • Citations (which, if used, must be in the body of the commentary) • References (which, if used, must be in the footnotes/endnotes)

• Like 1

Actually I do it this way

MSC refers to the total costs of society when producing one more output in an economy.

MSC = Private Costs + External Costs (Spillover costs to third-parties)

MSB refers to the total benefits of society when producing one more output in an economy.

MSB = Private Benefits + External Benefits (Spillover benefits to third-parties)

do you think this sort of attempt can give full marks for the definitions?

Thanks!