Economics Course Companion Help

So I have the Oxford University Press IB Economics Course Companion for the IB Diploma (2nd Edition) and I got the version with the disc. However the disc seems to not work. I run a MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion. Does anyone know what I would have to download in order to run the disc properly?

@cricketcrazynerd: Yeah...exactly. Try a windows emulator or a virtualiser such as Wine and then install the software in that. You'll be able to use the CD without booting into Windows, which is IMO a really bad option just for using a CD from a book. I blame the publishers of this CD anyways, if they can't make something that is compatible with both Windows and Macs they are just not being very smart.

Alternatively you could just not use the CD from the book, but I don't know of your situation. If you really need it find a way to use it, be it Windows through Boot Camp or virtualisation. Good luck!

• Like 1

WineBottler is one of the harder ones to use from my experience. You need to do some background reading and maybe read some tutorials in order to get it working properly. There are also 'out-of-the-box'-solutions like CrossOver, but those usually cost money. CrossOver is in my opinion really worth the money since it is very good and basically does all the job for you when you are trying to install Windows-applications either in Windows or Linux-systems. However, if you are not able to or willing to pay WineBottler is a good alternative - one just needs to know what one is doing.