Question regarding Written Task 2 (Critical Response) for Language & Literature HL

Hi,

I am currently finalizing my Critical Response (Written Task 2) for my HL language class.

I answered one of the six questions and I wondered if my response also has to show an understanding of the learning outcomes of the Part the text is chosen. Maybe you know from your teacher or you can tell me from the criteria?!

Thanks in advance :-)

The following criteria apply to the criticial response that HL students write on one of the six prescribed questions.

Criterion A - Outline - 2 marks

For the critical response, students are asked to write a brief outline of the task that includes the following:

• The prescribed question to which the task refers
  • The title of the text, or texts, that the student analyzes
  • The part of the course to which the task corresponds (Parts 1-4)
  • Four or more bullet-points that explain the content of the task

Criterion B - Response to question - 8 marks

To achieve top marks for this criterion, students must explore all of the implications of the prescribed question chosen. The critical response must be focused on and relevant to the prescribed question. Furthermore, the response is supported by well chosen examples from the text(s).

Criterion C - Organization and argument - 5 marks

The response must be well organized and effectively structured in order to score top marks for this criterion. The response should make a case and develop it thoroughly.

Remember: The critical response must be 800 -1,000 words. If this is not the case 2 marks will be deducted for Criterion C.

Criterion D - Language and style - 5 marks

The response must be written effectively and accurately. Students should use an academic register and strong style.

Source: http://www.englishalanglit-inthinking.co.uk/written-tasks/criteria.htm

A detailed assessment criteria for the critical response can also be found in this PDF on page 13: http://hl-english.wikispaces.com/file/view/Overview+of+Assessments+HL+LangLit.pdf