Subject selection

Guest marsnl

Guest almaarss

So currently i'm in sophomore year and i need suggestions for subject selection

Does anyone could give me suggestions whether should i take

- Business HL and Economics SL or Business SL and Economics HL?

- Chemistry sl or biology sl?

also if anyone is taking ITGS could you give me an idea of what it is about and what are the students do?

and is math sl hard?

thankyou!! :dance2::clap:

I would recommend Economics HL and Business SL (or dropping Business altogether really). Simply because Economics is a more traditional subject and better regarded in the UK and the USA. Business is sometimes considered a non-preferred subject. By all means, take Business HL if it interests you, but if it isn't fundamental to what you want to do in life, then just keep it at SL. Besides, more students get 7s in Economics HL than Business HL anyway.

Chemistry/Biology SL...well it depends. If you're good at memorising facts and prefer little to no scientific thinking, etc., Biology would probably be a better option since it's all rote-memorisation to succeed in that subjects. Chemistry is more challenging. However, I don't have personal experience here, I'm merely parroting the opinions of people who have taken either one or both of these subjects that I know of.

Personally, I've always thought that ITGS was a pretty frivolous course actually, but take it if it interests you.

Maths SL was hard for me, but I've always had trouble with Maths my entire life. If Maths isn't your strong suit (like me), then practice and a great amount of dedication can get you a 6/7 in Maths SL.

I agree with Arrowhead, take Economics HL, it's more preferred and broader (it's also a lot of fun!). Math SL isn't too difficult (from what I've heard) but if you sturggle with math then you'll have to spend some time on but it's definately managble.

And if you should take chem or bio depends on what you want to study in college but I've heard that bio SL is pretty easy.