Written Assignment Reflection! Word count?

Hi guys,

I know that IB recently renamed the paper for English to Written Assignment and that it has a word count range of 1,200-1,600. However, one of the lead staff for my school told me that I must include my Reflective Statement that my Written Assignment is based on.. Is there a specific word count for this Reflective Statement that I must follow? Does this reflective statement go with the Written Assignment- adding more word count to it?

Thank you,

Valentina

Is this for Literature or Language and Literature? Not sure where you found out the word count, but for Lang/Lit HL at least it is 800-1000 words (main body) and a 200-300 words for the rationale.

And just to clarify, what do you mean by Written Assignment Reflection? Are you referring to the Rationale? (Here's a post I made about parts of the Written Task, so you can check if the Reflection you're referring to is the Rationale. http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/21796-written-task-1-poem-ia/#entry169745) If it is the Rationale, then as I mentioned before the main body and the Rationale have different word counts, and from my understanding you don't put the two word counts together.

Hi,

I know that it was once called the World Literature paper but now it is called the Written Assignment.. Some people say that the World Lit/Written Assignment paper has a word count of 1,200-1,600 (I am still trying to find out if that is valid or not) and it needs a Reflection as well. But I was wondering if the Reflection has its own word count?

Thank you!

Guest amentalaim

I put a word count for my Written Assignment's essay under the essay and another one under the reflection (they need to know if they need to deduct points for going over the word limit). On my title page, my teacher told me to only put down the word count for the essay ALONE, not that COMBINED with the reflective statement.

I know that it was once called the World Literature paper but now it is called the Written Assignment.. Some people say that the World Lit/Written Assignment paper has a word count of 1,200-1,600 (I am still trying to find out if that is valid or not) and it needs a Reflection as well. But I was wondering if the Reflection has its own word count?

I think you're doing Literature then. :) Don't heed my advice!

The reflective statement word limit is 300-400 words. :) And the assignment's word limit is 1200-1500, not 1200-1600, but you can check in the syllabus, if you want to see for yourself, they can be downloaded freely in the files section of this forum. :)

• Like 2