Biology lab report..

falnahas

It's up to you to come up with an idea for your IA because after all, it's YOUR lab and your grade. Design labs are where you come up with a research question and method for testing your question. Look through your textbook for ideas of things you can test. Ideally they shouldn't be too complicated or hard to come up with variables for. Then think of how you could test it. For example if I took chemistry (I didn't do IB biology) and I was doing a design lab on reaction rates I could create an experiment where I took different concentrations of a reactant (like 0.1M, 0.5M, 1.0M, 2.0M, etc) and timed how long it took my reaction to reach a certain point. For biology you do the same thing, pick something to investigate and investigate it.

Exactly, choose a topic you pretty much understood and think of something you can easily influence manipulating just one variable. Then all need to do is hmm, write it down ;d I mean, you don't need to write 1000 pages to get a decent grade, there are just 3 criteria: focused research question, identifying and controlling variables, describing how to collect the data. I'm working on my physiology design right now, due in 2 days too ;d good luck