University Help

RandomPeersoon

I want to do the IB but since I'll be studying in a Portuguese University (I believe, due to the crisis and not being able to afford one outside of the country I live in) I don't know if it's worth it or not. Maybe I should just change to a Portuguese school although I would really hate that. What do you think? Are there any good universities that offer scholarships to students outside of their country or that will take me for a low price in the USA or UK? I believe I'd like to study medicine but am not sure yet...

You know, I was also thinking I would stay in Poland after IB... But the more I got to learn about studying abroad and the further I went into IB, I decided I would prefer to leave. And well, I also can't "afford" it, I mean my parents won't pay for me but in UK they actually pay the tuition fee for EU students and living costs, you can always get a scholarship or a part-time job, although the latter depends on a course, I believe psychology won't be really time-consuming and I'm going to earn money for myself.

However, if you want to stay, check how your universities look at IB (I heard it's easy to get into a uni in Poland so I'm hoping for an easy plan B), compare subjects you can study, think whether you're willing to work hard or you just want to get through high school because you have to...

So I guess you need to figure it out on your own, there is no need to be overworked for two years if you can finish national programme and go to a good uni, but on the other hand, don't give up on your dreams ;)

Edited by maereth
  • Like 1