CAS Project advice

AnthonyXDD

Hi i'm new to this website but i had a few questions about CAS. For our creativity, action and serive do we really need a total of 50 hours of each or just around 50 hours? Also i'm planning to play volleyball for my action part, i already did management for the girls volleyball team which should cover my service part. The problem i'm having is what can i do for the creativiy part because i'm not too excitied when it comes to creativity

Hi, I'm an IB Year One student. For us, we don't necessarily need to fill the hours, but need to show long-term involvement. Right now, for creativity, I'm running my own writers' club and debating on my school's debate team; for action I'm counting my dance class at school as one long-term involvement, and my involvement with amnesty international as political action; for service I'm volunteering for a language academy and a liberal arts lyceum. I remember my CAS coordinator telling us that the things we do for CAS need to be true and meaningful, and need to show leadership.

Hope that helps. Good luck. :)

Its 150 hours in total with 50 hours for each category (minimum).

For creativity you could join an arts and crafts club, do pottery, make a mural....something thats creative. Its not necessarily just arts.

If you're not too excited about creativity, then do something which incorporates something creative. For example, you could go volunteer at an orphanage and organise an arts day where the kids have a drawing competition (which you can take part in). That's killing 2 birds with one stone, service and creativity.

Hope that's given you a few ideas :)

• Like 1

You might wanna be careful with the "one stone two birds" thingy that Jaymi said. You gotta ask your CAS coordinator first, to see if you're able to double-dip. Cuz my CAS coordinator said that double-dipping would not be accepted.