November 2007 May 2008, Title 2

Caitlin

Guest Aerosm*th

Ah :P I'm working on my TOK paper right now and its totally stressing me out

we handed in our rough drafts, and our teacher gave us feedback

also, I got someone else to read my paper and they pretty much told me I was completely on the wrong track

so here I am, stuck trying to fix my paper.

any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andre.a

im currently doing this question also for my TOK essay and my teacher ask me to related the question to the AOK. but i dont really know how to relate it? can any1 help me??????????

P.s my teacher told me to justify moral decision using each of the AOK

Guest ragslver

Hey,

i also did the same topic, and i think i did ok.

i said reason is more necessary than emotion.

However, everyone doing this topic needs keep in mind that we can't ignore either reason or emotion, each one is handicapped without the other.

We have to find out which way of knowing is "guided" by the other in justifying moral decisions.

i first looked at consequentialism, utilitarianism, hedonism, and discussed reason is more important.

then used counterarguments like theories of existentialism, intuition.

basically, we can rely on our reasoning more often than we can on emotion, in justifying moral decisions

it is very important to have our own thought of examples to justify claims, rather than having general ones,like abortion, euthanasia, etc.

Always remember that we have to include both these ways of knowing in our justification, but one as to be more focused on than the other to "correctly" justify moral decisions.

this topic requires some deep thought!!!

good luck!

Wait a minute... I didn't get these prescribed titles for my TOK class. I know my topic's along the lines of "Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of reason as a way of knowing."

Or am I mistaken?

This is a M09 title, title 3 to be more specific. You're an M09 candidate so you get the M09 prescribed titles :) .