Rookie Studier

I have a practice IA due within a few days and I had a question reguarding how to approach the graph i need using the sinusoidal function.

These are not my points, but merely an example to get an idea on how this works.

The graph needs to be based on a technilogical graph I created using points below:

time = x coordinate

height = y coordinate

(0, 7), (1, 9.7), (2, 11.3), (3, 11.5), (4,10.4), (5, 8.6)

I am comparing the function i create by hand's graph to the computer generate graph I've made in excel.

Thanks.

And If I'm asking for too much, just message me and I'll delete the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

You plot it like how you would plot any other graph on excel.

1 Input your coordinates

Put your x- coordinates in one column. Eg in column A, A1 you put 0, A2 you put 1 and so on.

Then you do the same for your y- coordinates but in a different column. Eg column B, B1 you put 7, B2 you put 9.7, and so on.

2 Data's ready so plot!

After you're done putting all your data in. Go to insert and choose scatter graph. If you want it to look most like a sine graph the one without markers, and only smooth lines is the best. Personally I think the one without the smooth lines does not look like a sine graph and is rather misleading.

Hope this helps :)