College selection

cocopops

I've got a 30 as my predicted with 1700 in my SAT

My HLs are Comp Sc, Eng Lit A, Psych

My SLs are French B, Physics, Maths

I've got really good extracurriculars - student gov, state level, sports teams, volunteer work, work ex etc

Where can i get itf or computer science major? (I'm only looking at the states - And being an int'l student, i'm going to apply for Faid aswell)

What are my chances for Purdue? UC Davis? Illinois Institute of Tech?

Could anyone suggest any good unis for me?

thanks!

Here is a list of Universities that offer scholarships for recipients of the IB diploma. So if you get 24 and above and the full diploma you're eligable: http://www.ibo.org/diploma/recognition/scholarships/

And a list which contains Unversities in Canada that give scholarships specific to IB students

http://www.edu.pe.ca/rural/IB%20website/Files/Canadian%20University%20IB%20Recognition%20Policies.pdf

As for your chances, I say apply anyways. The best way to not get in is to not apply. With American Universities I understand there is no limit to the amount of Universities you can apply to. Whereas in the UK you can only apply to 5 via UCAS. I would take advantage of the limitlessness.

As for your chances, I say apply anyways. The best way to not get in is to not apply. With American Universities I understand there is no limit to the amount of Universities you can apply to. Whereas in the UK you can only apply to 5 via UCAS. I would take advantage of the limitlessness.

However, I'd like to add that you have to pay a submission fee (if there is one) for each university you pick, so you do have to choose wisely if you don't want to spend a lot of money before you even get to uni.

I suggest you take the SAT again. There is one more testing date (December) left before you have to submit your application for the Regular Decision pool, and you could possibly raise your SAT score.

Do you know if you need any SAT subject test scores for the universities you are applying to? If you do 2 need SAT subjects, you typically need 2 and you cannot take both the SAT I (which you have taken) AND the SAT II (the subject tests) on the same date. You will have to pick which of those to do, depending on which university and therefore its requirements are priority for you.

And I'm afraid I don't know enough about Computer Science and the unis you've mentioned, but here is a list of rankings for computer science as a major which may help you: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-science-schools/computer-science-rankings

And do no write your essays the night before! You need to put effort into them; they are helpful in showing who you are (useful for the holistic process most US unis use).